Powered by Max Banner Ads
Latest News Philippines: AFP modernization boost hailed – Journal.com.ph:
THE move of President Benigno Aquino to extend the modernization program of the Armed Forces of the Philippines was lauded by party-list group Magdalo as a needed boost to the military.
Republic Act No. 10349 was signed into law by President Aquino to give the AFP Modernization Program another 15 years.
Under the previous law, RA 7898, the program expired in 2010 and the recently signed law will give fresh funding amounting to Php75 billion for the first five years of its implementation.
“On behalf of our retired and former soldier-members and their families, the Magdalo expresses its gratitude to the President for his unwavering commitment to our armed forces,” said Gary Alejano, the first nominee of the group.
Under the new law, major upgrade of AFP’s weapon and non-weapon technology will continue, as well as other logistical support, to help the military deal with threats to national security.
The new law also increases to Php10 billion annually the available funds the AFP can utilize for its modernization program, from around Php33.6 billion it received for 15 years under RA 7898.
“We remain optimistic that under this new law, the AFP will be able to attain the technology and capability it needs in order to rank as one of the modern armed forces in the region,” Alejano said.
“As the Aquino administration and its successors implement this new law, the Magdalo Para sa Pilipino is committed to support its goals, but remains vigilant to ensure its full implementation,” he added.
Browse other Latest News Philippines updates.
Incoming search terms:
- Latest Philippine Military Modernization
- Latest Philippine Armed Forces Weapons
- ph armed forces modernization update 2013
- philippine armed forces modernization feb watchdog 2015 news
- AFP Latest Modernization
- philippine armed forces modernization watchdog feb 2015 news
- philippine armed forces modernization news
- afp modernization program update 2014
- philippine armed forces modernization feb 2015 watchdog news
- Philippine AFP Modernization Program