Powered by Max Banner Ads
Latest News Philippines: 19 towns, cities placed under state of calamity – Journal.com.ph:
NINETEEN municipalities and cities in Metro Manila, Central Luzon, Region IV-A, Region IV-B and Region 6 were declared under state of calamity due to severe damages caused by Typhoon Gener that left the country with 41 deaths, 35 persons injured and four others missing.
This was based on the latest update issued by the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC).
NDRRMC Executive Director Undersecretary Benito Ramos said due to strong winds and heavy downpour brought by Typhoon Gener as it started to batter different parts of the country as of July 28, Navotas City was immediately declared under a state of calamity.
In Region 3, Bugallon, Pangasinan, was also placed in a state of calamity as its three villages including Bgy. Hacienda, Portic and Cayana incurred heavy damages.
Obando, Bulacan, was also declared under state of calamity due to flash flood.
In Region 4A, declared under state of calamities were Mabitac, Laguna; Bacoor, Tanza, Ternate, Rosario, Kawit, Naic, Noveleta, Cavite City, all in Cavite area; San Luis and Lemery in Batangas.
In Region 4B, San Jose, Occidental Mindoro, was also declared under a state of calamity while in Region VI, municipalities of Vallodolid, Negros Occidental; Antique, Lauan and Culasi were under state of calamities.
Ramos said Typhoon Gener’s damages rose up to Php289 million with the agriculture sector losing Php172 million in crops and livestock and damage to infrastructure went up to Php116.5 million.
A total of 177,440 families or 800,944 persons from about 168 towns and cities in 35 provinces across the country were also affected by heavy rains and floods brought by Typhoon Gener, the NDRRMC report said.
The NDRRMC also said that a total of 4,127 houses sustained partial damage and 756 houses were totally destroyed by Typhoon Gener.
Browse other Latest News Philippines updates.
Incoming search terms:
- state of calamity list ph 2014
- typhoon glenda declared marikina as calamity area
- declared calamity areas due to typhoon mario september 2014
- state of calamity list june 2014
- places declared state of calamity by typhoon glenda
- place of state of calamity typhoon mario philipiines
- places under the state of calamity during typhoon glenda
- philstar news on typhoon mario under state of calamity areasseptember 19 2014
- municipalities under state of calamity during typhoon glenda
- places declared state of calamity due to typhoon glenda